Saturday 21 July 2007

When else can you wear a cloak and not get laughed at???

21/07/07

So yeah. I have HP7. = D
recently I suddenly realised that this is the last HP book, and it's the only series that is getting the hype of a midnight opening. I haven't bothered to go to the last HP openings since I always seemed rather pointless/silly to me, but since this was the last chance I'd get to do it I decided to go ahead this time anyways. I ended up heading over to cloud's house with Alex to start with. Alex, Cloud n Gaz started to chat bout building/repairing Land rovers n stuff (as gaz sat at a sewing machine making the new seat covers, lol), and me and Tom just stood round talking bout a new game he's got for his PS2.

After a while we looked at the time and decided that we really should be heading into town. On the way there I simply had to run down and look at the lil bridge over the stream near Clouds house. Honest, I had no control over it. I really couldn't believe quite how high it was. Anyways, we then headed up through the lil wood bit and into town. Tom was wearing a cape thing, and when we got closer Cloud put one on too. She then handed me one and told me to put it on. SO yes, I wandered into the town centre wearing a cape. hey, quit looking at me like that. You knew I was weird before you started reading this post so you really shouldn't be all that surprised. lol. Anyways, my first impression upon arriving at the town center was of a few hundred people milling around, laughing and joking, and most of them wearing random hats or cloaks. Alex had to go get some money from a hole in the wall so that he could actually get the book, and a group of chavs started shouting bout Potter, (in a piraty accent which was kinda odd. Then again, chavs are a rather strange species). So anyways, I then put me cloak on (again) an we joined the que just outside bakers oven. Sarah, Kat and PJ were queing up too, and Pj came and chatted to us for a bit. Someone was also coming along with a kinda sorting hat. I turned out to be a slytherin. lol. They also sent someone along with a kinda sweet trolley thing that was giving out free sweets. Charlotte grabbed me a giant spider thing which was cool. At midnight everyone started to count down and on one they set off a few fireworks above the shop which was nice. Me and Charlotte then shouted "happy new year", and did our own mini rendition of "old man time". Between then and us actually getting onto the shop we also sang the Homer Simpson song (the one that goes along with the Flintstones tune), and just before we entered the shop we sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" which seemed to amuse the Lady dressed up on the door.

Anyways, at last we brought our books before headed off into the night clutching our treasures and leaving an expectant que behind.

No comments: