Monday 16 July 2007

A post bout the weekend,... well, friday anyways.

16/07/07

Ok, so as every school kid knows, the weekend starts on the Friday. So this friday was the day that me n me mum were both retaking out NPLQ's. I'd spent most of the day reading through me NPLQ ring binder.folder thing, basically cramming. It was basically a case of refreshing my memory, and trying to remember all of the new choking/CPR stuff over the old stuff I was originally taught. (I now have to sing "Nelly the Elephant" twice *shock horror* ).
At about 5:30 me and me mum finally headed over to Radley college to do the exam. I was insanely nervous about it because I knew that the examiner was going to be someone who I'd never met before so I had no idea what he was going to be like, or if I knew anywhere near enough to pass. It worked out ok in the end though. We did the manikin work first and I think that it went ok considering just how much some of it has changed since last time. I didn't do the baby manikin, but I did the other 3 resus things. We then moved on to do the questions and they actually went pretty well I think. the four of us kinda bounced off each other so when one person ran out of things to say in an answer, another would carry on with what they knew. Apparently this showed the examiner that we were a good team. After one of my questions the examiner accused me of memorizing the whole book which is odd since I've only been through it once, I just have a great capacity for useless information I guess.

So yeah, the questions went well. so well that we actually finished about an hour and a half early so we had to sit around for ages before we could go in the pool and finish off the test. It was cool that we got to relax a bit between the two parts. We had a quick warm up first, and then we started off with the timed swims, which I have to say are absolute killers. We also did all the other things such as land based rescues n such, and finally we did the one with the unconscious casualty in the Pit. I HATE with a capital H diving down into the pit. The sigh says that it's 3.5 meters deep (, but it lies, it's actually 3.7, but anyways......) and I always kinda panic when I'm at the bottom, this does mean that I can always do it really fast though so, yeah. This time was the first time ever that I've dived down there and not got some sorta mild earache, the problem was that I was so surprised by this that I actually inhaled a loada water and had to try really hard not to start coughing and spluttering as soon as I got to the surface. Apart from that it went fine though. Except that I totally messed up the splint tow the first time, but I did it right the second time so I still did ok. but yeah. I passed and I'm seriously happy bout it cos it means that I don't have to worry bout it for at least a year and a half now.

No comments: