Tuesday 24 July 2007

cake and remote controls

I spent today at the Gilbert's baby sitting Alex (Alexandara) it was really nice to get outa the house again for a bit, for something that wasn't technically work related, and wasn't at Radley college. (although still in Radley). it was also great to see Alex again. I really can't believe that she is now 9. I still expect her to be 5. She's definitely growing up.

So yeah, whilst I was there I kinda helped her out with some oragami animal stuffs, before she decided to watch "click". I wasn't quite sure what I'd make of the film, and I found most of it quite predictable, although there was kinda one twist bout the mad scientist dude that I didn't see coming, all in all it was a very.....american.....film. Alex had never actually seen the last 10 minutes before, and so had missed the final major twist. We then watched "confessions of a teenage drama queen". I've actually read the book that this is based on at some point, so I kinda knew the basic plot. It was a typical "young teen girl" film staring Lindsay Lohan. I enjoyed it, but it's not exactly my style.

So yeah, the next thing we did was to make cake. I've been making loadsa random fairy cakes recently which turned out to be pretty helpful for today. One of he first things that we had to do was to wander down to her local shop to buy some eggs, cream and stuffs. I also brought a bag of fruit salad sweet things because I hadn't eaten them in years and I remember that I used to totally love them as a kid. As we wandered back we chatted aimlessly, ate sweets, and tried to make each other walk into trees n stuffs. Anyways, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages later we finally got around to putting the mixture in the oven, and it was finished just as Ann arrived home. We stuck the two halves of cakes together, and I headed off home with a mouthful of cake and jam. ^_^

No comments: