Monday 18 June 2007

Just one of those perfect days

18/06/07

OK, so it's now Monday so I've left this post a lil late, but I really wanted to write about the Saturday just gone. Like I said before, I've been feeling really down recently, and I managed to totally break down on Friday. Afterwards however I just felt so much lighter, I hadn't been able to hide how I was feeling anymore so I'd felt able to tell people how I actually felt. Friday night I actually managed to get some proper sleep and i woke up on Saturday just feeling totally refreshed.

As normal I had to get up at 6:30 to get to me life guarding, but when I arrived I found that there were only 18 swimmers there compared to the 36-50 that I normally have to keep an eye on. It was so much more relaxing than normal. I then had to hurry back from work so that I could grab my bag and head over to Liz's house to meet up with her. I used to get on really well with Liz, but I've hardly been able to see her at all since last summer so we'd just randomly arranged to meet up and go into town to get some stuff for fathers day. I really enjoyed being able to just hang out and chat with her again as I'd really missed it. After we'd brought some stuff for our dads (laughed at a lot of cards and stuffed ourselves with fudge,) we headed back to her house. Only to find that *shock* *horror* her parents had gone out and we couldn't get in. We then just sat around outside for a bit looking abandoned before deciding that maybe we could try the back door. It turned out to be open and we were both greeted by Liz's amazingly cute dog. I didn't get to stay at her house for long though since at just as her parents arrived back at 12:45 I had to rush off on me bike again to get back to Radley college for me NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) training.

I got there just in time and I really enjoyed it. I got to spend 2 hours in the pool, sometimes practicing towing people, and sometimes just swimming round. The we headed upstairs and went over all the different CPR's that I need to learn. They've changed it quite a lot since I last took it so I'm gonna have to work hard to learn the new one and not automatically do the original one when I retake my exam. We finished of at 4:30 and I headed back to the house whilst me mum went back to Stanlake where her and dad are running a rally and staying in the caravan.I then just played on Zelda on me Wii for a bit and looked on a map on the Internet to find the house of one of Christ churches youth leaders (Andy). It turned out that he lives on the road right behind where one of me best mates, Cloud (Charlotte) lives.

Everyone was supposed to meet there at bout 7:30 but I was a lil late. I had a great evening though. I gotta watch everyone playing some really random games on Pete's Wii, I gotta have a lil chat to Lydia, and hang out with Dave and Alex. As well as this I got to play some kids games that I haven't played in ages, such as guess who, mousetrap (what is with the random bits of cheese), and descend. (which is such an amazingly fun game, that I had totally forgotten about since I haven't been able to play it in ages). Officially we were all meant to leave at bout 9:30, but in the end we were kicked out round about 11 after having played a quick game of Wii golf. (Which I don't suck at half as much as I used too).

Since me mum and dad weren't home I didn't really need to rush home n I just ended going back to Alex's for a bit. We just hung out chatting, listening to random music on youtube and playing random games on his Wii till I looked at the time and saw that I should probably be heading home to get some sleep. (although I actually stayed awake for a bit longer to watch the Dr who episode that we'd just recorded. it was a good episode)

All in all it was an amazing day. It was really packed, but there wasn't a single thing about it that I didn't enjoy. It was just one of those "perfect days" that will just stay with me, and make the world seem better when I'm down. So yeah, a random thanx goes out to everyone that I saw/spoke too on Saturday, for helping to make it such an amazingly awesome day. ^_^

3 comments:

djchallis said...

i remember that day! it was a great party + it was in the days when we'd been talking loads but barely got to see each other, so i did enjoy playing "downfall" (not descend, silly girl :P)

Galzra said...

Oh blah blah blah. whats in a name....lol

aaanyways, my version was called descend (it was a traveling one)

Galzra said...

I'd almost forgotten about this day = )